Introduction to Machine Learning (Spring 2018)
If you are a current student, please Log In for full access to this page.
Final review materials:
These are some review questions for the Final. If you ask on Piazza about them, please indicate the Problem number in bold at the top of the page.
Here is the final from Fall 17 (minus one subproblem that covered material we did not cover this term).
Here is the midterm from this term:
Midterm review materials:
These are questions from previous midterms. If you ask on Piazza about them, please indicate the term and year (found at the top of each page of questions) as well as the question number.
- If you need to change sections, please post a private (instructors only) question on Piazza (provide your Kerberos id in the post).
- If you need to miss a section, first read the grading policies. If that doesn't answer your question, please post a private (instructors only) question on Piazza (provide your Kerberos id in the post).
Lectures and sectiion
- The lectures are in 26-100. They are recorded and available on-line. The assignments on any given week depend only on the lecture from the previous week.
- Section meeting are 1.5 hours each week. These meetings are in 34-501. There are 7 section times: 3 on Tuesdays (11am, 1pm, 2:30pm) and 4 on Thursdays (9:30am, 11am, 1pm, 2:30pm).
- Create an account on this ("Tutor") system by clicking "Log In" at the top of the page. It is essential that you use your MIT Kerberos Id as your username. Don't use your whole email address.
- If your @mit.edu email is "firstname.lastname@example.org", use "foo" as you username.
- If you're having trouble logging in and you're using Chrome; clear your cache or try another browser.
- Post a private note on Piazza requesting that your account be enabled
If you want to audit 6.036
- You are welcome to attend the lecture (or watch the lectures which are posted online)
- You are welcome to do the homework assignments which are the "meat" of the course and are online; to do so, make an account on introml.mit.edu and post private message on piazza with your account name, stating you are listener, and we will enable it
- You are not welcome to attend a lab section or ask for help at office hours or take the exams